Position Title: House Manager
Employer: Ronald McDonald House Charities of Norfolk
Supervisor: Executive Director
Hours: 8-4 M-F
To apply please call 757-627-5386 between 8-5 Monday through Friday.
Critical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
A. Knowledge of data base management programs and Micro Soft Office Products.
B. Ability to effectively manage multiple projects.
C. Skill in communicating orally and in writing.
D. Graduation from an accredited college or university with an Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Communications or related field.
E. Background and credit check are required.
Coordinate daily activities of the House according to policies and procedures set forth by the Board of Directors.
- Ability to establish priorities
- Ability to maintain composure in emergency situations.
- Assist in data base management- entering information, booking guests,
- Professional behavior
- Confirm Reservations
- Contact volunteers and schedule
- Greet volunteers, provide a welcoming atmosphere, track numbers of volunteers in group, monitor and supervise activities
- Handle all emergency situations, including, but not limited to, guests locked out of the House or their room, fire, water leaks, unauthorized persons in the House, and assisting Guests in calling 9-1-1 in a medical emergency.
- Handle all incoming phone calls providing information or directing to the most appropriate person.
- Interpersonal relations
- Knowledge of data base management programs and MicroSoft Office products
- Maintain ServSafe food handlers license
- Make reservations, check guests in or out, accept payments, accept room cancellations, and arrange for alternative accommodations as required in accordance with House Policy.
- Maintains master list of room assignments
- Manage proactive policies to ensure the maximum number of families meetings accepted admission standards are received and cared for at the House
- Monitor kitchen cleanliness, clean out refrigerators, throw away old or unmarked food, wipe ups spills, run dishwashers as necessary.
- Monitor maintenance issues- arrange for repair if necessary
- Periodically walk through the house during shift monitoring family activity.
- Provide an atmosphere of support to the guests. Keep informed about families and their medical situations, being sensitive to their needs and times of crisis through casual conversation.
- Provide group training for Comfort Food volunteers
- Provide informational tours for volunteer groups.
- Provide orientation for new families, including a House tour to identify fire exits as well as other emergency procedures relative to their safety.
- Punctuality. Absenteeism. All staff needs to work on filling in for vacations/sick time and bad weather
- Store donations in the proper location
- Take pride in the appearance of the House, noting items that need attention and addressing them if possible
- Uses clear, concise and effective verbal communication with others. Uses effective listening skills
- Works cooperatively and maintains effective work relationships with staff and families.
- Other duties as assigned.
What We Do
Keeping families together to help kids heal and cope better
For accessible versions of the RMHC Annual Report, email firstname.lastname@example.org